Friday, September 10, 2010

Beyond Words


Lucas can also now express himself through actions.  He started doing so when he was about 9 months old.  He could already kiss then, but we were almost sure that at that time, he didn't really know what he was doing.

Now I think he understands and he's becoming more and more consistent in acting out what you ask him to do.

He can do "peek-a-boo".  He raises his arms when you say "Winner!" and does this when he finishes his meals.  He claps his hands when you say "clap" or "very good".  He waves his hands when you say "bye".  He can give a flying kiss and also kisses you when you ask him to.  He can give a high-five and touches his point finger with yours when you say "a line".  He hugs when you say "hug" or whenever he likes to hug.

He points to his nose when you say "where's your nose?" but he has yet to distinguish between his eyes, ears and mouth.  He gives you what he has in his hands when you ask for it, but he will take it back if it's something he likes.

He does not like it when people laugh.  He thinks we're laughing at him and he would start crying.  You'd have to tell him you're not laughing at him to make him stop crying.  He also cries over sad songs.  I don't know why but he would sob if you don't stop singing.  Just sing happy songs and he'll be fine.

But among other things, the sweetest thing he does is having me and his dad kiss each other.  When we are both close to him, he would push our heads together so we'd kiss.  When we kiss he'd smile and he does it again...and again...and again.

2 comments:

  1. ka sweet aning bataa oi. artistahon pud. =) he has your creativity kay mohilak man ug sad songs. i remember googling every thing insoy used to do. from horoscopes to what nots. there was even a time i thought he was dyslexic. na sobrahan akong ka praning. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ka-funny sad nimo Chi uy! I haven't gone to the point of googling anything that he does, but I do get weekly updates through babycentral.com. Every week, they'll tell you what to expect from your child as he grows. Then I keep comparing kung advance ba cya or behind on certain areas.

    ReplyDelete

About This Blog

This is where I document my day-to-day as mother. Every single day with my boy is a new experience, a new adventure for us. If, in the future, the universe will not allow me stay to tell my boy how I feel for him every single day, my journals will be here--a living proof of my unconditional love and devotion to him as his mom.

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am happily married and a mom of one. I am working full-time as a Director, Software Business & Integration of a San Francisco-based software company called LiveNote, owned by Thomson Reuters. Being a mom is to me an adventure in itself. I consider it a full-time job and a rather challenging role. But it is also the most rewarding job of all. What I find most exciting about motherhood is that everyday means something new and exciting. And it's hard not to document these things! So here's my little journal of motherhood. Someday, I will look back and read everything I've written here and marvel at how much I have grown and changed as a person, as a mother!

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP