Friday, May 20, 2011

23 going 24


In a few days, Lucas will turn 2 years old.  Wow--I still find it hard to believe that I now have a toddler. Although I have to deal with his being a toddler every single day.

Charles and I felt that Lucas has probably grown intellectually and psychologically more in the last two months than ever before.  It's like he matured all of a sudden--almost overnight.

He explores a lot, but he seems to know what he wants. 
He is tired of his toys and prefers to play with mommy and daddy's things.
He clings to mommy more than anybody else.
He met a new cousin, Zachary.
For the first time, he traveled alone with mommy--to Chicago and Missouri to meet cousin Zach.
He's a good traveler. He behaves well on the plane, eats, sleeps and just watches his movies.  The lady in front of me said she didn't even know there was a baby on her back seat until we were about to deplane.
His communication is getting better and better everyday.
He has learned how to make "sumbong", like when cousin Nathan punches or pushes him or when cousin grabs his toys or things.
He knows how to trick us into getting what he wants, although he isn't always successful.
He lies on the floor and cries when he wants something and doesn't get it.
He got to use his binky (pacifier) again with the help of Grandma Nena (his nanny), who often lets him have his way.
We weaned him off the binky again, and this time we are committed to really getting rid of it (we need to keep it away from Grandma Nena too).
He has learned to say "Oh no!" and "Oh my goodness!"
Still loves Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.  I think he'll go bananas when we take him to Disneyland.
He can now count 1-12 on his own.
He has memorized his bedtime prayer.

He is a good kid.  Sometimes hard-headed, but aren't they all?  I couldn't ask for a better kid. He brings us so much joy and energy even after a long, hard day at work.  He now freely says "I love you, Mama" which melts my heart everytime. 

As he turns two in a few days, I cannot help but be proud--proud of what Lucas has become and proud of what I have accomplished so far as a parent.  It wasn't easy and I know it will only get harder, but at the end of the day I look at Lucas and I will always have something to smile about. And this is what matters to me the most.

2 comments:

  1. welcome to the life of terrible two --- crazy yet fun exploration... happy birthday Long!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cinds, I look forward to it. I think it will be chaos, but a happy and fun kind of chaos. :-)

    ReplyDelete

About This Blog

This is where I document my day-to-day as mother. Every single day with my boy is a new experience, a new adventure for us. If, in the future, the universe will not allow me stay to tell my boy how I feel for him every single day, my journals will be here--a living proof of my unconditional love and devotion to him as his mom.

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am happily married and a mom of one. I am working full-time as a Director, Software Business & Integration of a San Francisco-based software company called LiveNote, owned by Thomson Reuters. Being a mom is to me an adventure in itself. I consider it a full-time job and a rather challenging role. But it is also the most rewarding job of all. What I find most exciting about motherhood is that everyday means something new and exciting. And it's hard not to document these things! So here's my little journal of motherhood. Someday, I will look back and read everything I've written here and marvel at how much I have grown and changed as a person, as a mother!

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP